Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rabanal del Camino – Villaefranca del Bierzo 59km

After the village of Rabanal del Camino, we rise up to 1500m on the trail. We reach the highest point on the trail, where the ancient landmark of the pilgrims, Cruz the Zerro- The iron cross, is located. Tradition tells that when a pilgrim throws a rock he brought from home to the root of the cross, his soul is freed of all burdens. I have naturally also brought a small rock all the way from Järvenpää, and it is now in a pocket of my backpack. Even though I am relatively sceptic about this, I throw my stone to the root of the cross. “Well damn it, it can’t hurt, can it?”

The day was very rainy, so we crossed the Leon mountains in cold and misty conditions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home