Wednesday, May 21, 2008

”Grande Finale”
Melide – Santiago de Compostela 53km


I run with my backpack towards Santiago. On the way I have time to ponder the meaning of my pilgrimage... “Well, this probably didn’t clean my soul nor revealed the secrets of the universe.” However, I experienced an unforgettable running adventure and met a lot of interesting people. And of course it was a great feeling to arrive to the square of Santiago’s Cathedral, which is the “official finish line” of my journey. But again I have to say that the journey itself was more important than the goal. Some old sacred writing (if I recall correctly) has said that “only through pain you find the path of illumination. Therefore you must go through the path of Santiago.” I, on the other hand, am spending my evening surrounded by nice people as well as in front of me there is a huge portion of food and a bottle of good red wine. And I wonder: what affliction? I guess the times have changed… Adios amigos!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home