Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Barbadelo – Melide 56 km

Galicia is the last province of the hiking trail. The Spanish call it the Green County, because of its abundant vegetation. This is thanks to the generous amounts of rain in the area. “It is always raining in Galicia”, the Spanish say. Despite that the hilly greenness is very appealing.

After morning’s mist the sun shines again, so quite an exaggeration that legend, too. I keep going…Suddenly a snake of XL size comes hissing from the bush. After some evasive side steps the situation is under control again. From now on, I must watch carefully tree roots and twiggies. Later on I have dinner together with my travel buddies at one local joint in small town called Melide. Naturally, I tell others about my brave fight against snakes and dinosaurs – feeling like Indiana Jones. I book a room from a hotel in the middle of the town. Just to be sure I ask the receptionist: “surely it is forbidden for snakes to enter”. Before going to bed I look under it again – the fifth time I guess, and then Mr. Jones goes to peaceful sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home